Saturday, November 20, 2010

How This Educational Leader Might Use Blogs

Writing is not a passion for me; however, I do enjoy writing about experiences as we travel. As an educational leader, blogs can be used to document the journey being made throughout the year. It may be used as a general overview of things happening on campus or be focused on a particular project.

In my position, I can see using the blog in three main ways. First, use it to summarize new technologies available and the “best practices” in embedding them in the curriculum. This will enable the teachers and staff a way to keep up-to-date in this area. The second use of blogs would be as a way to document and reflect on any action research I am facilitating with one of the teachers. This web-based journal will allow others on our campus to see what their peers are doing in the classroom and, maybe, inspire them to rethink their teaching techniques. The final way I can use a blog is for “Technology Tip of the Week.” The blog would focus on a technology tip that might help those who are technology challenged. All these blog topics are food for thought as I work through my internship as possible ways to incorporate more technology into the faculty and staff environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment