Friday, November 26, 2010

Action Research - Reflection Week 2

While listening to the videos about action research, the gentlemen clarified, in my mind, what action research entailed and its importance in the school. I came away with two pieces of information that I hope will help me along this path. The first was from Dr. Timothy Chargois; he reminded me to never stop learning. The best way to encourage students to be life long learners was to model that behavior.  Dr. Kirk Lewis gave me the second piece which related to the action research. He indicated that when you come up with the plan to solve the problem, make sure it is practical and doable for your campus.

After reading about the nine different passions of action research (Dana, N. F., 2010), I realized that there were several areas that I was passionate about in my inquiries. This led me to begin a list of inquiries I would want to tackle in my first research project. After several conversations with teachers and my campus mentor, I was able to narrow my list to one. Working with the advanced Enghish IV teacher, we are going to implement a technology tool into her 3 advance and 2 regular English classes.

I am looking forward to the process and the results of this project. If the results are what we hope, I would like to look at incorporating this technology tool in the Freshman English classes next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment